| Pixarra TwistedBrush Pro Studio - digital paint software with
complete natural art tools - oils, acrylics, pastel, charcoal etc.
Software for artists without the complexity of other art programs.
TwistedBrush Pro Studio - creating art the way it should be, simple and
fun! Simplicity without sacrifice, powerful enough for the professional
artist yet simple enough for the novice. TwistedBrush Pro Studio has one
of the most versatile and powerful brush engines in existence, yet it
was designed from day one to be easy to use. TwistedBrush Pro Studio has
more than 3,000 brushes, along with all the features that artists love
to use: layers, realistic media, photo cloning, tracing, masks,
particles, filters, script recording, scripts to AVI, drawing tablet
support, brush shapes, patterns, textures, integrated scanner support,
image brushes, drawing guides, reference image views, dirty brushes,
scratch layer, dynamic palettes and a whole lot more.
TwistedBrush Pro Studio
- Workspace. The
workspace in TwistedBrush is designed to reduce the number of floating
windows that overlay your painting surface freeing you from the chore of
constantly shuffling windows around. Over 50 brushes are right at your
fingertips, along with numerous color palette options and tools that get
assigned to your right button click to further streamline your artist
- Sketckbook. TwistedBrush works much like a real sketchbook. When you
start TwistedBrush it is like opening your sketchbook, it is
immediately ready to draw or paint on your page. When you're done with a
page you turn to the the next page. You never need to manually save
your work. But of course you can export your pictures to any number of
the standard image formats such as JPEG, PNG, BMP, TGA, TIFF, GIF, etc.
- Page Explorer. Like a unlimited supply of sketchbooks, TwistedBrush
keeps your pages stored in books. Up to 500 pages per book and an
unlimited number of books means you'll never run out of paper! The Page
Explorer makes it easy to view and reorganize your pages in your
sketchbooks. Even assign a name to your sketch book if you like.
- Select Brushes. In any digital painting program the core of the
system is in the brushes. Therefore easy access to the brushes is key.
In TwistedBrush there are over 2000 brushes included with more added all
the time. With the brush shortcut system your favorite brushes are
always ready for you.
- ArtSets. ArtSets organize the brushes in TwistedBrush into groups of
60 brushes. There are a variety of types of ArtSets, from standard art
tools, specialize collections, patterns brushes, cloners, photo
retouching brushes, image brushes, etc.
- Editing ArtSets. It is easy to create your own brushes and then
store them into your own ArtSets. All the tools used by the creators of
TwistedBrush to create brushes and ArtSets are included. You can even
create your own collections of brushes easily by entering the ArtSet
build mode and selecting brushes from other ArtSets. Then if you like,
make these your shortcuts with a press of a button.
- Select Colors. Color selections are plentitful with the included
color palettes. Additionally you can tweak selected colors, create your
own palettes, select colors from your picture, from a reference image,
the scratch layer or even the trace source image. Dynamic palettes also
aid in color selections, allowing you to pick from the history of colors
used or hue ranges from your currently selected color.
- Tools. All the tools you expect are available from the tool bar.
When you have a tool selected it is activated with the right mouse
(stylus) click. This means your drawing brush is always available and
you never need to reselect your brush to start painting again. The tools
you expect are here, eye dropper, cropping, moving, line, box, ellipse,
flood fill, gradiant, masking tools, text, drawing guides, brush
rotate, brush cleaner etc.
- Layers. TwistedBrush includes an advanced system called Layers. With
layers you can split your work into transparent layers that sit on top
on each others and allow for incredible editing and adjustment options
even at the end stages of your painting. A wide range of layer blending
modes exist including many not available in any other painting program.
- Paper Textures. Use paper textures while you draw to give the feel
and look of textured paper and canvas. Over 70 different surface
textures are included.
- Masks. Masks are the artists masks you may be familiar with if
you've done traditional artwork. TwistedBrush has an extensive set of
masking capabilities that you'll use to protect and manipulate areas of
your work. Included is a magic wand with a number of different modes for
creating your masks. Or use a common shape or one of the many masking
brushes to create exactly the mask you need.
- Filters. A filter allows for processing the image all at once.
TwistedBrush includes the full range of image processing filters ready
- Tracing Paper. The tracing paper feature gives you the ability to
turn your canvas into tracing paper so that you can see a reference
image below it for use as a drawing guide. This is invaluable for many
types of work.
- Cloning. Cloning, taking image data from somewhere else and placing
it into your painting, that is cloning. The source image for the
TwistedBrush cloning brushes can be a different image or from another
area of your current picture. The cloners can be used to render a photo
as a artist drawing, or to touch-up a photo or do many things
- Scripts. With scripts you can record your painting actions and play
them back, recreating your painting from scratch. This has value for
trying out different "what-if" scenarios, for teaching pusposes, for
animation production when used with the AVI saving option or just for
- Pattern Brushes. There are a number of ArtSets that contain Pattern
brushes. These brushes paint a pattern on your canvas as you paint.
Adjust the size the pattern with the density slider. Categories of
patterns include, surface, materials, nature and others.
- Brush Shapes. Most any brush in TwistedBrush can be further enhanced
with a shape.
- Drawing Guides. Drawing guides are a visual aid that appears over
your canvas to help you with perspective, distances, and general
construction of your artwork. A large number of different drawing guides
- Image Brushes. Image brushes are powerful tools for both recreating
the flow and feel of working with natural media but also for allowing
for extraordinary painting effects. The Image Brushes : Basic ArtSet
includes the brushes you need that when used in combination of captured
images give you an unlimited supply of brushes.
- Image Warp. When using the Image Warp tool you will be pulling,
pushing, pinching, and stretching your image as if it was make of rubber
or putty. These tools at the extreme case can be fun for wildly
adjusting a photo as shown here. But used with more finese they are
invaluble for making minor adjustments to your photos or artwork saving
you countless hours or re-working in more labor intensive ways.
* Added - 29 new Pro brushes added to the Art Pro - Plants
and Trees ArtSet!
* Added - Brush effects now can have up to 16 levels. Increased from 12.
* Added - Brush effect pEmit Radial added.
* Added - Brush effect envelope t-ang2 added.
* Added - Brush effect VM Randomize. Value modifier to randomize the
strength of the following brush effect.
* Added - Added brushes Pro Basic Paint and Pro Basic Wet Paint to the
Art Pro Natural Media ArtSet.
* Added - Brush effect envelopes f-in-fast and f-out-fast. Faster fading
in and out.
* Added - Brush effect Disperse added. This is a 10x stronger jitter.
* Added - Brush effect Gap added. This is the reverse of the Skip
* Added - Brush effects pEmit DInv 2 Alt and pEmit Dir 2 Alt added.
Alternates the branched directional particles.
* Added - Brush effect Skip2 added. Skips the next 2 brush effects
(instead of just 1).
* Added - Brush effect Gap2 added. Reverse of Skip2.
* Added - Brush effect pSpd Init. Sets the initial particle speed.
* Added - Core brush variations, Fine Coverage, Fine Coverage 50 percent
feather and Fine Coverage 100 percent feather.
* Improved - Retain brush size and color information when switching to
and from brushes with integral color and size information!
* Improved - When using the Line tool don't redraw the last line when
releasing the mouse button. This allows for greater control with use of
advanced brushes that have a random factor to them.
* Changed - The 3D Abs effect now results in no action when the strength
* Fixed - Using the Move tool on a locked layer would result in the
layer being cleared. Now the layer lock (alpha lock) is ignored for the
* Fixed - Using the Cor Dab Spc set to a value of 0 in combination with
other effects could result in a crash.
* Fixed - In Blob modes 4 and 5 when using a lowering brush switching
pages and returning could result in a change in the fully lowered areas.
Download (17,79 MB)